Help and assistance is available in Cuba, if you know about it! It amazes me the number of people that don’t know about Asistur.
Help and assistance is available in Cuba, if you know about it. It amazes me how many people don’t know about Asistur. If you run out of cash while you are staying in Cuba or you have found that your cards don’t work, Asistur will take care of your financial emergency. They will provide money in exchange for cash deposited from a relative or friend abroad. They charge around 10% for these requested amounts plus 17.00 CUC to cover banking costs. The steps in arranging this are too complex to explain here as different countries have different rules.
Australians can also use their consular service (see below).
24-hour Consular Emergency Centre +61 2 6261 3305 or 1300 555 135 or SMS +61 421 269 080
Asistur Medical Assistance
- Outpatient medical care in hospital.
- Monitoring of patient's condition.
- Obtaining and sending of medical reports.
- Coordination of wheelchairs and medication, air and land ambulance services and coordination of medical expenses with your insurer.
- Reception and accommodation for foreign doctors and paramedics. Authorisation for air ambulance landings, coordination of air and land ambulance services, assistance to air ambulance crew.
- Retrieval of misplaced luggage/bags.
- Coordination of new travel documents, legal assistance and payment of bail bond.
- Insurance products for foreign people with temporary residence in the Republic of Cuba (like me!) Health cover is calculated according to the age and gender of the person around $386 for a year!
Offices - Asistur
Mondays to Fridays, 9:00am-3:00pm
Calle Prado No. 208 entre Trocadero y Colón
Tel:(537) 866 4499
Fax: (53 7) 866 8087
Matanzas (Varadero )
Calle 30 y 1ra. Ave. No. 103
Telefax: (53 45) 66-7277
Ciego de Avila
Bloque 15 Apto 250
Carretera a Cayo Guillermo Km 1 y ½
Telefax: (53 33) 30-8150
Hotel Pernik (lobby)
Avenida Jorge Dimitrov y
Plaza de la Revolucion
Telefax: (53 24) 47-1580
Santiago de Cuba
Hotel Casagranda, Calle Heredia No. 201
entre San Felix y
(frente al Parque Céspedes)
Telefax: (53 22) 68-6128
ASISTUR SERVIMED Hospitals
Clinics that assist tourists are called SERVIMED. These provide emergency medical care and are located in most major tourist areas around the island.
Centro Internacional "Camilo Cienfuegos” -
well known for its good pharmacy.
Calle L No. 151 and calle 13
Vedado. Ciudad de La Habana
Tel: (53 7) 32-5554 > 32-5555 > 32-5597
Fax: (53 7) 33-3536 > 33-3578
Hospital Nacional Hermanos Amejeiras
San Làzaro No 701, Centro Habana
You need to enter via the lower level off Padre Varela.
Tel: 877 6053
The Círa García Hospital - Clínica Círa García,
Calle 20 No. 4191, corner of Street Av. 41 and Playa
Tel: 204-2668 or 204-2489 Offers health services, which are reserved for foreigners.
Hotel Habana Libre,
831 9538 - Calle L - between Calle 23 and 25 Vedado
Clinica Internacional de Varadero
Calle 61 y 1ra, Varadero. Matanzas
Telefonos: (53 5) 66-7710 Fax: (53 5) 66-7226
Clinica Internacional de Cienfuegos
Calle 37 No. 202 e/ 2 y 4
Punta Gorda. Cienfuegos
Tel: (53 432) 45-1622 > 45-1623
Clinica Internacional de Trinidad
Calle Lino Perez No. 130 esq. Reforma
Trinidad. Sancti Spiritus
Tel: (53 419) 3391
Clinica Internacional de Cayo Coco
Hotel Tryp Club Cayo Coco. Ciego de Avila
Tel: (53 33) 301205 > 301300
Clinica Internacional de Santa Lucia
Residencia No. 4, Playa Santa Lucia. Camaguey
Tel: (53 32) 366203
Fax: (53 32) 365300
Clinica Internacional de Guardalavaca
Calle 2da s/n
Playa Guardalavaca. Holguin
Tel: (53 24) 3-0291
Santiago de Cuba
Clinica Internacional Santiago de Cuba
Calle 13 y 145
Reparto Vista Alegre. Santiago de Cuba
Tel: (53 226) 42589 Fax: (53 226) 87001